Dear SEPTLA friends,
On behalf of the Executive Committee, I have several exciting things to share with you.
New Appointments Made:
At our last Executive Committee meeting, we made the following appointments –
- Patrick Milas, Treasurer, 2017-2021
- Ondrea Murphy, Chair of Continuing Education Committee, 2017-2019
- Virginia Dearborn, Website Manager and Co-chair of Communications Committee, 2017-2019
The minutes of this meeting will be available in the next issue of TeamWork. Please join me in thanking these three for volunteering to serve in these important positions.
Opportunity: SEPTLA Archivist
Jocelyn Abel is stepping down after several years of service as SEPTLA Archivist. This office is now a two-year renewable term appointment. If you are interested in volunteering, please let the President or Past President know. For complete information about the responsibilities of the Archivist, please see the SEPTLA Bylaws 6.7 and 10.3.
Opportunity: Membership Task Force
Acting on the findings and recommendations of the SEPTLA Future Task Force, the Executive Committee voted to form the Membership Task Force. Under Section 9 in the Bylaws, a task force is formed to complete a specific task for a short duration.
The Membership Task Force is charged with exploring the expansion of membership categories. Its goals are:
- To research membership structures of other ATLA regional groups as well as similar regional professional organizations
- To summarize findings in a report to the Executive Committee at the February 2018 meeting
- To make a formal recommendation to the Executive Committee, including a draft of any constitutional and/or bylaw amendments, by the February 2018 meeting
- To submit a summary of activities and recommendations to the general membership for publication in March 2018, in advance of the Spring 2018 Meeting
We are looking for three volunteers to serve on this task force and complete this research project. The anticipated end date is April 2018. Please contact the President or Past President, if you are interested in serving.
ATLA Travel Scholarship Awarded
We are happy to announce that Michael Skor, assistant librarian at St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, is the recipient of the 2017 SEPTLA Travel Scholarship for first-time ATLA Conference attendees. If you are attending ATLA, be on the lookout for Michael! Watch for his write-up of his conference experience in the next issue of TeamWork.
Thanks so much for reading! I hope to hear from some of you who are feeling called to support SEPTLA with your time and talents.
Myka Kennedy Stephens