Save the Date for Fall 2021 Virtual Meeting
The Fall Meeting of SEPTLA will be held on Friday, October 29, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM via web conferencing, hosted by United Lutheran Seminary. To receive details on connecting to the meeting, please submit the registration form. Anyone interested is welcome to attend, irrespective of whether your library is a SEPTLA member.
PLEASE NOTE: We typically set aside time at the end of the event for a representative from each library to give an update about their institution. For the Fall Meeting, we’ll keep that tradition but also try something new: providing updates in advance and including them in the Fall newsletter. Please use the registration form to provide an institutional update. Even if you can’t actually make it to the event, we’d like to share your news with the SEPTLA community. Updates typically include such things as institutional news, staff changes, leadership changes, status of building/collection access during the pandemic, etc. If we receive multiple updates from your institution, we will reach out to the director to combine responses.
The tentative schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 Welcome
- 10:05 – 11:15 Christine Fruin, Scholarly Communication and Digital Projects Manager, Atla — presentation on the current landscape in scholarly communication
- 11:15 – 12:15 Break — Zoom room will remain open for socializing/networking
- 12:15 – 12:45 Interest Group meetings (Research Services IG; Cataloging and Metadata IG)
- 12:45 – 1:45 Business meeting and institutional updates
Agenda for the business meeting:
- Approval of minutes from Spring Meeting 2021
- Treasurer’s report
- Interest group reports
- Committee reports
- Institutional updates